The storm is expected to hit sometime between noon and four in the afternoon, and while the forecast is somewhat uncertain, some people are going to see significant snowfall and icing. Some parts of the state could get as much as 10 inches of snow, while other parts instead will be dealing with one to two inches of ice. As far as you are concerned, however, the weather is not going to be a real issue. Your husband already had taken the day off work and you have decided that you will keep your two daughters home from school. A comfy day in the house, away from the predicted storm sounds heavenly. And given the fact that you recently had the furnace repair company out for one of your twice a year inspections you are confident that you will indeed be cozy and warm.
This is the time of year, of course, when many home and business owners find that they are not quite prepared for the cold temperatures of winter. Without the scheduled visits of a furnace repair team, for instance, many people find themselves dealing with emergency situations on the coldest days of the year. Investing in the price of a new furnace is often not the best option for families right after the holiday season, but there are times when there are simply no other choices. Fortunately, both residential and commercial HVAC companies often have financing options that can help people get the products that they need with an affordable monthly payment plan. Once a new system is installed, however, it is still important to work with a furnace repair and maintenance company to make sure that this expensive equipment is well maintained. Even if you have a home with an older system, furnace repair and maintenance is important. The latest research from some HVAC experts indicate that as many as 75% of no-heat calls in the winter are related to a lack of maintenance. And in addition to making sure that a system is working, it is also important to make sure that any heating and cooling system is operating as efficiently as possible. In fact, almost all manufacturers recommend that efficient HVAC systems require maintenance inspections twice a year.
What Are Your Family’s Favorite Ways to Spend a Snow Day?
When you know that your home is properly heated and that an impending winter storm is arriving, what do you and your family like to do? Are you the kind of family who pulls out a one thousand piece jigsaw puzzle and spends part of the day tacking that challenge? Or you the kind of family who loves to binge watch a new television show that your otherwise busy schedule has kept you from watching. Once you have taken the time to schedule the necessary HVAC system checks, maybe you should sit back and relax and create a great list of SNOW DAY activities:
- Sorting through old photographs is one way to spend an unexpected day at home with the family. Pulling out some scrapbooking materials and letting everyone spend time creating some pages from the best pictures will help create memories that will last long after the snow plies melt.
- No one wants to spend the whole day shoveling out of a major snow storm, but if you and the kids bundle up and have some productive play in the snow every couple of hours you can likely get a little work done during your unexpected day off.
- One way to warm up after any time in the snow is with a nice cup of hot chocolate.
- Windy and cold weather outside may be the perfect time to create a family quilt to remember your day in the snow.
- Dads may not always get to be part of a day off from snow, so make sure that you take plenty of photos to share.
- Afternoon naps followed by some time making home made soup are a great way to make the most of your day.
- You may not relish the time you spend clearing the snow from the driveway or the sidewalks, but make sure you find a way to relax with your kids.