Remodeling, such as adding a new custom fireplace to your living room, can be a fun and satisfying way to turn your home into a place that reflects your personality and tastes. It’s also an ideal way to keep your house up to date and increase the value for future selling. Knowing the best way and where to redesign can be a bit of challenge, however, particularly for those new to home-owning. The following are some ideas to get you started on making your home look its best.
Tips and Ideas for Kitchen Remodeling
- A total remodeling, including custom cabinetry adds up at about $19,226. This may seem like a lot, but with an average return of 72.8% it becomes evident that kitchen remodeling is a financially sound choice.
- Custom wine racks have become a new, popular choice for most modern kitchens. This simple addition lends an air of sophistication, not to mention convenience for the wine enthusiast.
- Kitchen islands are a preferred addition by 61% of those remodeling, thus making them a wise and attractive choice.
- As much as 75% of homeowners prefer soft, neutral colors in the kitchen. A palette that uses this sort of color scheme may be best in custom wood cabinets.
- With 65% of homeowners preferring stainless steel appliances, this seems to be the most popular option of appliance to a kitchen remodel.
Tips and Ideas for Living Room Decor
- Adding a custom fireplace can make any living room look distinguished and almost vintage, like something out of an English manor. A custom fireplace also provides a great way to keep warm in the winter months.
- With 8,336 cabinet and vanity businesses in the U.S. it only makes sense to add a custom gun cabinet or two to the decor. This is a great way to keep firearms in a safe place while still allowing them to be on display.
- Custom built bookshelves are great option for a sophisticated living room look. Showing off one’s collection of books can be a conversation starter for guests and a subtle way to display the extent of one’s literary collection for book enthusiasts.
- Statistics show that 28% of men and 25% of women prefer the use of sustainable products when redesigning their home. With the rise of awareness for the environment’s well-being earth-friendly choices are best.
These are just a few helpful tips and facts to get you started on your journey to remodeling or redesigning your home to make it your own. Whether you’re trying to pick the perfect custom fireplace or decide what kind of wood works best for your kitchen cabinets, the educated decision is the best one!