After three very long meeting with three different commercial window replacement companies, you finally have the work scheduled. It has taken several weeks, but last weekend you finally signed a contract to have the damage caused by the latest hail storm fixed.
When the adjusters first came to your home for an inspection, they found that you had damage to windows on three sides of the home. With only the windows on the front of the house untouched, you knew that it would be a process to negotiate the contractor’s bids and the insurance company’s offer. As the insurance adjustors predicted, the initial offer from the insurance company only offered to cover the outer trim that had been dented. In reality, however, the commercial window replacement company will not guarantee the windows if only the sashing is replaced. After a series of meetings and emails, though, you were able to convince the insurance company that the entire windows need to be replaced.
The new bid, which the insurance company has agreed to, includes the complete replacement of all the damaged windows, not just the sashing. Consider these facts and figures about the commercial window repair and replacement industry:
- Depending on the material, when windows are high quality and properly maintained, they can last 20 years or even longer.
- Replacing a window costs an average of $300 to $700 for each window.
- 66% of homeowners are planning on renovating, according to a recent survey.
- Homeowners who replace their windows can get back 80% of their investment, according to the National Association of Realtors.
- 44% of renovation jobs in the year 2012 were for window or door replacement, according to the National Association of Home Builders Remodeling Market Index.
Finding the right company to help with the repair and the replacement of both commercial and residential windows, you are able to make sure that the integrity of those windows will not compromise any other structural parts of your home. From the siding to the painting and the getters, it is important that new window replacements do not cause any other damage. Both individual window installers and large window installation companies need to provide the best services so that the rest of the home’s structure remains intact and viable.