Your husband is not exactly sure how it happened, but he still has nearly 14 days of vacation that he needs to take off or he will lose them. Never one to be at a loss for energy, your husband has decided to embark on a project to remodel part of the basement. You have previously paid someone to take care of the electrical, the plumbing, and the drywall, but the space is not as finished as you would like.
As a result, your husband has scheduled two weeks off at the beginning of November to work on the basement project. You have asked if he could install a wood wall covering behind the entertainment area, and your husband has been doing some research to see if this is a task that he can complete himself, or if he should hire a carpenter. Either way, it looks like you will have the wood wall covering installed before the relatives arrive to celebrate Thanksgiving. You have used the basement space before, but it will be nice to have a more finished space for this year’s round of holiday gatherings. Who knows? The basement may be so nice that the adults may want to take over the space that in the past has been designated for the kids.
Plank Accent Walls and Other Wall Coverings Help Define and Update Spaces in Your Home
Whether you are looking to create an accent wood wall in just one area of your home or you are considering covering a much larger space, the trend of using interesting woods in a home is increasing. In fact, by simply addressing one wall in a large room, decorators can help you totally change the way an entire space looks.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the woods that some people are selecting to add as features in their homes:
- Accent wood wall coverings are available in many different colors and plank sizes. By visiting a show room you can get a feel for what these products look like in person.
- Repetition of one or more elements, like wood wall coverings, within a space is a key principle of interior design.
- There are 23 known species of maple growing in Canada and the U.S., many of which would make a great product for an accent wall.
- 50,000 interior designers who are currently working in America.
- $10 billion is the amount of annual revenue generated by the interior design industry in America.
Whether you are looking for wood accent wall living room ideas or you are considering adding a wood plank accent wall
in your bedroom, it is important to do your research before you begin. Finding the right kinds of materials and the right kind of tools can increase your final product. In many cases, the wood features that you add can actually be quite affordable if you take the time to learn how to do the project yourself.