Are you looking for roofing contractors? This might not seem like an easy task to do. There are many roofing contractors in the market that claim to do the best work in installing your roof. However, this is not always true since some contractors lack the necessary expertise or experience to install a roof. All they need is your money, and they end up doing a bad job. Therefore, you need to find the best roofing contractors that will give you value for your money. The chances are high that you do not know much about the price and quality of roofing materials that you should buy.
Such should not worry you because your contractor will help you with the details. All you have to do is tell them the kind of roofing material you intend to use and your budget. With such information, they will find you the best materials, such as modern asphalt shingles. In a situation where you do not know the roofing materials to use, you can begin by searching the most common roof type of most popular roof shingles in the market. Such information would be a starting guide towards your choice of roofing materials. Your roofing expert will also help you make an informed choice.
If you need to replace your roof, you have a lot of options. You might be considering going with metal roofing for your home. This is a great option for a number of reasons. If you have talked to a residential roofing company about repairing or replacing your existing roof, they may have told you there are a lot of benefits to installing metal roofing.
- It will last a long time. The average warranty most metal roof manufacturers will give to homeowners is between 30 and 50 years. The average age of a traditional roof is between 20 and 30 years. In addition to that warranty, you should ask your residential roofing company if they also provide a lifetime warranty. Once you install a metal roof on your home, you will probably not have to deal with that again while you are in your home.
- They are energy efficient. A metal roof will keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Homeowners with metal roofs can reduce the amount of money they spend cooling their home by between 15 and 20%. This is because the metal roofing cools the surface of the roof by up to 100 degrees. This is from reflecting the rays from the sun, something traditional and other kinds of roofs absorb. Given the fluctuating costs of energy, being able to save any amount can really help out homeowners. Also other kinds of roofs start to deteriorate immediately after installation, this does not happen with a metal roof. This is another reason these roofs have a high Energy Star rating.
- They have other environmental benefits. Metal roofs are made from between 25 and 50% recycled materials. When you need to replace your roof, the entire thing can be recycled by your residential roofing company. That makes this leaps and bounds better to prevent global warming than traditional roofs which use asphalt shingles. The National Association of Homebuilders Research Center has estimated that about 20 million tons of asphalt find there way into landfills every year from these kinds of traditional roofs.
- It can save you money on your insurance. In some states, having a metal roof installed can greatly decrease your homeowner’s insurance. You can check with your residential roofing company and your insurance carrier to see if you qualify for any discounts or rebates for installing metal roofing on your home.
- There is little maintenance with a metal roof. Other kinds of roofing need yearly maintenance at the very least. The average amount most homeowners have to spend on maintenance and repairs is between 1 and 4% of the overall value of the home. While you still should have your metal rood inspected once a year or so, the other maintenance is minimal. You basically need to hose it off every now and again and you are good to go. Because other kinds of roofs start to break down right after they are installed, they constantly need repair. Your metal roof can deal with any kind of storm you may experience in your part of the country. Fire, smoke, wind and water damage can cost you a lot.
- There is a lot of variety in metal roofing options. When you talk to your residential roofing company about metal roofs, you may be surprised by the large number of styles and colors you have available to you. If you paint the roof, the paint job will last. They typically maintain about 95% of their emittance and reflectivity over time.
You really have a lot of options when it comes to what kind of roofing you choose when you are installing a new roof. Your residential roofing company can help steer you to your best options but you should consider installing a metal roof. The only drawback is they do cost more to install. The good news is that the metal roof will pay for itself in saved money on utility bills, insurance (maybe) and definitely on maintenance and repair costs. These roofs really pay for themselves over the life of your home. They can also be made in a number of great styles and looks so you will find the right metal roof for your home.