As a resident of Omaha, Nebraska, you are looking forward to the next trip to visit your daughter at her college campus in Louisiana. For while your husband is worried about putting blankets over the raised garden beds up north in Nebraska, you are more focused on finding a hotel with an outdoor pool in Shreveport.
Hot summer temperatures are just around the corner. And while many sun worshippers are looking forward to days at the beach, many others are simply looking for ways to stay cool in summer weather that can cause homes to be both hot and humid. Air conditioning (AC) services, in face offer a number of options including a dehumidification system. AC units around the country serve the same basic purpose, but in the more humid locations, eliminating humidity is especially important.
If you live in some parts of the country, in fact, your summer comfort relies on a dehumidification system. AC experts can help you find the best models to provide you the right kind of comfort level. Consider some of these facts and figures about this nation’s air conditioning use and the need for dehumidifiers:
- Kids can spend all day running around outside in the hot temperatures, but when they come inside they are looking for the comfort of air conditioning.
- Estimates indicate that 66% of all homes in the U.S. have air conditioners.
- Even though a growing number of Americans have access to air conditioning, as recently as 1993, only 68% of all occupied housing units had AC.
- People who suffer from asthma and allergies often find that an air conditioning system that can help eliminate humidity can help them feel better.
- Yearly, The average American spends nearly $2,000 a year on their home energy bills, This amounts to spending as much as 2.7% of their income on these energy costs.
- Oour society knows that it is cool to be energy efficient. Upgrading to some of the newest air conditioning systems can help families stay cool and green at the same time.
- Until you make the change to a newer model, however, you may be wasting large amounts of energy, while also polluting the environment.
- Removing chlorine from air conditioning refrigerants makes them ozone friendly.
- Cooling and heating companies offer low-priced, preventive maintenance service contracts that cost an average of $70 to $100.
- One advantage of these preventative services is that they often include a visit to clean and service your HVAC unit, as well as to replace your air filter.
- One feature that is very important to many people is a dehumidification system. AC manufacturing companies offer this option in many of their models.
- Letting a licensed contractor install your equipment pays off in the long run. In fact, improper equipment installation can decrease the efficiency of heating and cooling your home heating by as much as 30%.