Are you just starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel?
As some midwesterners get a break from the frigid temperatures and snow of last week, it should come as no surprise that there are a growing number of people who are already looking toward the promise of spring. And while there are certainly more cold, snow, and ice to come in many parts of the country, there is something refreshing about already making plans for orders of bulk crushed shell, different types of soil, and natural stone pavers. Planning for the landscaping around your home can, in fact, be a great way to make sure that you have the support;ies you need when Old Man Winter finally leaves your area.
Whether you are dreaming of a new kind of soil for gardening or changing out the mulch around your trees for bulk crushed shell, it can be advantageous to order or reserve these materials in advance. In addition to knowing that you will have your first pick of the items that you want, it is also possible that many landscaping companies will offer off season pricing discounts so they can generate some revenue even during the coldest time of the year.
Professional Landscaping Products and Services Can Add to the Curb Appeal and Value of a Home
The latest research indicates that spending as little as 5% of a home’s value on landscaping may get a return on investment (ROI) of as much as 150%. With results like this it is no wonder that many people start planning in the winter for the landscaping improvements that they want to make on their property. From first time home owners to people who have been in their homes for 20 years, there are always ways that a fresh take on the landscaping in your home can be beneficial
Coordinating the size and shade of the bulk crushed shell that you use in your landscaping can help draw attention to a home’s exterior, but it can also provide other benefits. For instance, did you know that installing a one inch layer of small rocks can provide good weed control? This means that by investing in bulk crushed shell or other kinds of similar materials can safe you time as well. In addition to saving you time and adding value to your property, there are also many kinds of environmental advantages to some landscaping decisions. For instance, trees that will eventually add shade to your home can also help eliminate energy costs while at the same time providing important nutrients to the air and the soil.
Consider some of these other facts about the many ways that your landscaping decisions can make your world and the world around you a better place:
- pH is a measure of soil acidity or alkalinity. With 7.0 being neutral, the pH scale ranges from 1.0 to 14.0 and it is important to know the pH levels in your area to make sure that you plant the right kinds of trees and shrubs and supplement with the right kind of natural fertilizers.
- Healthy soil contains 45% minerals, 25% water, 25% air, and 5% organic matter, and knowing that you may need to compensate in some areas of your landscaping allows you to get the best results.
- Details can vary from one part of the country to another, but for the most part newly planted trees require a circle of mulch between three and four feet in diameter to most effectively water and keep the root system strong.
- Organic and inorganic and the two basic types of mulch.
- Fertility and texture are the tow basic features that are used to evaluate soil.
- Understanding that landscaping can increase a home’s resale value by 14% should be enough motivation to know that that any time is a good time to start thinking about the improvements and changes that you want to make.
It may be winter weather outside where you live, but every day is a good day to start dreaming about the time you will spend in your garden and working on the landscaping around your home. When warmer weather finally does arrive, you want to be ready!