In an effort to keep your home as comfortable and healthy as possible you have scheduled an air duct cleaning service to come into your home while before winter break. Interestingly enough, when you made the call to schedule the appointment you also learned that air duct cleaning also makes many HVAC systems run more efficiently. With that bonus information in mind, you realized that this is a task that you likely should have scheduled much sooner. With a family that suffers from allergies nearly year round, the air duct cleaning is an investment that you are going to work into your home’s maintenance budget.
Home owners typically fall into one of tow categories: those who act on necessary maintenance concerns as soon as they occur and those who never address any maintenance issue until they absolutely have to. When it comes heating and air conditioning in a home, it is important to make sure that you are following the habits of those home owners in the first camp, dealing with problems proactively before they can get worse. And given that your home is largely the most substantial investment that you will ever make, regular maintenance is quite simply the best way to actually add to the value of your home. When it comes to a heating and cooling system, in fact, it is important to know that there are many levels of products and services. As a general rule of thumb, however, it is important to invest in the highest quality materials, installation, and maintenance services that you can afford. Not only paying off immediately in lower utility bills, but also limiting the expense that you will have for replacement costs of a HVAC system that is not well maintained.
The Most Energy Efficient Cooling Systems Provide a More Affordable Way to Keep Your Home Comfortable
Both residential and commercial AC installation relies on the knowledge and the talent of the most qualified and experienced staff. Finding a way to make sure that you are getting the best products and services helps you to know that your family will be warm in the winter and cool in the summer. When you add in air duct cleaning services you are more likely to create a healthy, dust and allergen free home as well. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when a HVAC systems play an important role not only in the lives that we live, but also the economy of the nation:
- The average U.S. household spends $500 on their water and sewer bill each year, but this is just a fraction of the amount of money that most Americans spend heating and cooling their homes.
- Most HVAC system filters need to be changed every one to three months, according to Energystar.gov.
- The latest research from scientists at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory indicates that the world is poised to install 700 million air conditioners by the year 2030.
- Duct leakage, unfortunately, can steal 20% to 40% of the energy out of even a well-operating air conditioner. For this reason alone, duct cleaning is important. When you factor in the health benefits, however, you realize that this is an even more necessary service.
- Efficient heating and cooling systems require maintenance inspections twice a year, once in the fall before the furnace is turned on and once in the spring before the air conditioning is turned on.
- There was a 200% increase in U.S. water usage between the years 1950 and 2000. This is just one indicator of how important it is that all Americans are careful about the impact that they have on the environment.
- 10% of United States households have leaks in their plumbing that can waste up to 90 gallons of water a day. Inefficient air ducts likely plaque just as many homes and waste alarming amounts of energy,
- Air conditioners today use 50% less energy than they did in 1990 and an efficient duct system can save even more energy and money.
- Currently, 66% of all U.S. homes have air conditioners and it is important to know that this number will continue to grow.