There are a number of different types of window treatments, ranging from window curtains to window blinds, that can improve the way your home regulates heat and light while also adding a fresh touch to your decor. However, while they are not typically mentioned in lists of modern window treatment trends, window shutters are a great option that have been used by homeowners for centuries. Able to be fitted on both the interior and exterior of your house, the benefits of window shutters are numerous. Read on to find out if this option is right for your home!
- Material–While window shutters are typically made of wood, these wood shutters can be made out of a variety of different woods, including sustainable options like basswood, and can even painted or stained to match your room. Because of this, you can be sure that your shutters will complement your room.
- Durability–Other window treatments, such as curtains, are usually changed as tastes adapt, or when they become faded or worn. Wood shutters are not only timeless, but also act as a permanent addition to your home that can withstand daily use.
- Light–Shutters are not only able to block out more light than most other types of window treatments, but can also be adjusted in a number of different ways to control how much light and heat enters the room.
- Insulation–Because shutters block drafts from the windows and prevent heat from leaving through the glass, your home will be better insulated and save on energy.
- Resale Value–By installing quality wood shutters, you can actually increase your home’s resale value because of the way this feature saves on energy and improves the look of a room.
- Reduced Allergens–Unlike blinds and other window treatments, wood shutters provide fewer spaces where dust can linger, and their hard surfaces can easily be wiped off, further reducing the amount of dust in a home.
- Price–While the price tag may appear greater than most window treatment trends, their durability and reputation as a long-lasting feature makes them a better deal than most blinds, curtains and shades. Moreover, even with their higher up-front cost, they will still typically cost less than designer drapes.
With the many different types of window treatments available, it can be difficult to decide which style is right for you and your home. However, if you are looking for a durable, efficient, and timelessly stylish option, wood shutter might be the perfect option for your home. Contact a window treatment company today to discuss indoor and outdoor window shutters. For more about this, go here: windowtrendsnj.com