The roofing materials are gone. The decking supplies have all been picked up. The window replacement items are in place. After a very long summer of repairs and renovations, you are happy that on this Labor Day you are able to relax and enjoy the new deck, the new deck furniture, and know the the new roof and repaired windows are keeping your home as safe as possible. Now, you just hope that another epic storm will not come through and destroy the work that both you and your insurance company have invested in.
Finding a way to schedule all of the work that needs to be done following a damaging weather event is not always an easy task. Fortunately, with the help of the right contractors, the best materials, and the highest quality craftsmanship you can repair any damage that was done in a timely and affordable manor. Unfortunately, there are many times when locating the highest quality roofing materials is easier than landing the best contractors. Especially after a major storm, the best local contractors are quickly booked and it can be difficult to find a way onto their schedules.
A Combination of the Best Building Materials and Contractors Can Help Create the Best home Improvements
Whether you are looking for traditional lumber materials, composite materials, or roofing materials, finding the best products is not the only answer to making sure that you maintain the value of your property. In fact, in the hands of an amateur, even the best roofing materials can be virtually worthless. This is why it is so important to work with a contractor that is known for quality local work. Finding a team of workers who will stand behind the thousands of dollars of work that is needed after a storm, in fact, is not always that easy. Too often, storm teams will move into an area after a tornado, hail storm, hurricane, or other major weather event. These teams may tout their great prices and their availability, but if you are not careful you can be left with a product that is not as good as promised and a contractor that has left town and is on the road to the next disaster.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that the right home renovation projects, including exteriors updates, can add the to the value, function, and beauty of a home:
- Of those planning home improvements for the year 2018, 31% planned to remodel their bathroom.
- Of those planning home improvements for the year 2018, 26% planned to remodel the kitchen.
- Of those planning home improvements for the year 2018, 28% planned general home repairs, which may have included exterior renovations or new construction.
- 11% of survey respondents aged 18 to 34 say they are renovating their homes “to prepare my home so I can stay in it as I get older.”
- 10% of survey respondents aged 35 to 40 say they are renovating their homes “to prepare my home so I can stay in it as I get older.”
- Beyond the interior and exterior work that can be done on a home, spending as little as 5% of a home’s value on landscaping may yield a return on investment (ROI) of as much as 150%.
from landscaping to laundry room renovations and from new roofs to new energy efficient refrigerators, there are many decisions to be made when you get ready to make a change to your home. Knowing that you have the right contractor, however, makes every other decision a better one. The best materials will only result in mediocre results if you are working with a contractor who does not provide the best craftsmanship. It is always fun to look online at the latest home improvement ideas, but it is important to know that these ideas will only turn out if you are willing to invest in the best materials and hire the most qualified contractors.
When are you embarking on your next home renovation or construction project? Will it be an indoor or an outdoor task? Planning carefully about the materials you use and the contractors you hire will help you get the best results.