Air conditioners are essential this time of the year. As the temperatures stay in the 90s for an entire week, in fact, the air conditioner industry is an important part of the nation’s economy. As an indicator, the HVAC system installation industry grew an estimated 2.6% a year between the time from 2012 to 2017.
In addition to the importance of proper air conditioning installation and repair there are also many other factors that add to the value of a property and provide a comfortable place to live. From plumbing services to roofing repairs, there are many things that go into the value of a home. With the latest upgrades in air conditioning services and and other energy efficient upgrades, a home can serve as a comfortable place for families of all sizes.
Do You Have Home Improvement Projects Scheduled for This Summer?
All home owners who want to maintain the value of their property has to understand the importance of regular maintenance. From scheduling necessary appointments with residential plumbers to making sure that the heating and cooling system is serviced twice a year, the proactive steps that you take in maintaining a home can help you avoid bigger problems later on. Consider some of these facts and figures about the services that home owners often need just to make sure that their HVAC system is working efficiently:
- 42% of homeowners call a professional to come perform HVAC maintenance. This means that more than half, however, do not follow through on this recommended manufacturer maintenance tip.
- 40% of all home owners who hire professional HVAC contractors to perform routine maintenance, report that their HVAC system has a longer lifespan.
- 6% of all energy produced in the U.S. goes toward residential air conditioning./li>
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that indoor air is two to five times dirtier than outdoor air, so it is important to change HVAC air filters as often as necessary.
- The EPA suggests maintaining an optimal humidity between 30% and 50% in an effort to create better indoor air quality.
Owning a home can be a lot of work. It is easier, however, if you take the time to follow through on manufacturer recommendations like scheduling regular service visits.