Americans love good carpeting. In fact, almost 70% of the flooring in the United States is carpeted, and almost half of American homeowners prefer carpet in their bedrooms, as opposed to hardwood or area rugs.
Whether you?re carpeting a basement, a room, or carpeting a house, knowing some basic carpeting tips will help with carpet installation and purchase.
So you?re considering buying carpet, terrific! Here are some things you should know:
- Wool, or wool-blends (usually a blend of 80% wool and 20% acrylic), are considered excellent choices of fibers for carpets because of their durability and ease of dying.
- Most carpet manufacturers say a carpet should last for up to 10 years, with proper care.
- After 10 years, signs of wear will begin to show on areas of major walking and the carpet fibers will start to lose their tuft and texture.
- Some carpets, such as woven carpets, which are made on a loom, are specially known for their longer life spans — from 20 to 30 years.
- With carpeting, almost 100% of stains can be removed using one cleanser or another if they are cleaned ASAP (usually within the first couple days after the stain occurs).
- Typically, carpet tiles come in 20 inch squares (consider this as you consider your carpeting ideas).
Okay, you?ve got the basic info, now what? Turn to a carpet installer for more carpeting tips and ideas. They?ll be able to help you with everything from carpeting ideas for stairs and other oddly shaped areas, to the choice of carpeting types, and, of course, carpeting installation.
There are so many things that can be done with carpeting today, from basement carpeting ideas to bathroom carpeting ideas. But before you embark on your project, do your research, figure out what carpet installation questions you want to ask of a carpet installer, they will also be able to provide you with carpeting tips.
Final thought, once you?ve installed your new carpeting, watch out for hiding Leggos!!!